Transnet Pipelines has a published tariff, approved by the National Energy Regulator of South Africa. Impartiality in the relationship of service delivery to our customers is critical and the following principles are applied:
- Provide transportation upon request
- Charge just and reasonable published tariffs based on “Return on Assets Managed” and not “cost plus” principles
- Collect same compensation for similar services
- File tariff rates and conditions of carriage (publish)
- Do not give preference
- Do not disclose shipper (client) information
The tariffs are used as benchmarks for SA fuel pricing with regard to their transport element.